Southern Academy of Business and Technology(SABT)

Student Visa Information

General Visa Conditions

Every international student proposing to enter Australia to study must apply for a student visa (a special case might be for students offered a program, for example, an English language course, of under three months). Details of the Australian Diplomatic Offices around the world where applications for a student visa can be lodged are available at the following. website: Most of the International students must obtain a student visa before they entering to Australia. However, some of the selected countries students may apply for a student visa after arrival in Australia on a temporary entry visa. Again, details may be obtained from the nearest Australian Diplomatic Office. All student visas are issued for full- time study. International students cannot study part-time. All international students must provide proof of that they have sufficient funds to cover their tuition fees and living expenses while living in Australia. Once a student enrolled in a course for any educational institute should complete 6 calendar months of study of their program before they can change to another education institution in Australia, unless special condition and permission.

Visa Application Procedures

All international students must apply for the course which they are interested in from our institute Southern Academy Australia if they are willing to study with us and we will offer you offer letter if you meet all the requirement for study the specific course. After getting offer letter you will have to pay the fees as per our agreement which will mention in our offer letter in Southern Academy’s bank account mentioned in an offer letter. An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form issued by Southern Academy offering a place in a program is proof of acceptance for visa purposes. Students wishing to undertake a package of programs must apply and be accepted into each program in the ‘package’. Students offered a ‘package’ program must apply for the visa subclass applicable to the principal program of the ‘package’. After getting CoE you have to apply for the visa in High commission. International students must also satisfy the general requirements applicable to all student visa applicants. The general requirements include being of good character and sound health, having acceptable health insurance for the period of time in Australia and having no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia. Details of the student visa sub classes and related conditions are available at the following website: homeaffairs_trav_stud

Enrollment Status

It is a condition of enrolment that international students abide by the Australian student visa regulations. Southern Academy monitors student enrolments and visa status and will advise students if there are any issues visa requirements. Student Services Department of Southern Academy must approve all international student enrolments in advance. Students altering their enrolments without Southern Academy authority may have their enrolment cancelled or modified appropriately.

Work Rights

All student visas granted on or after 26 April 2008 will receive permission to work automatically in Australia and have commenced their program of study. This will apply to both the primary student and any family members traveling with them on their student visa. Students can work up to 20 hours a week while their course is in session and they can work unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks. Family members of students are not allowed to work until the student begins their course and they are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week at all times. Dependents of Subclass 574 Masters and Doctorate students have unlimited work rights after the principal student visa holder has commenced his or her program in Australia. Students should check with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) in Australia for the latest requirements ( as requirements can vary. Students should also consult the department’s booklet ‘General Skilled Migration’ for current details of migration requirements for skilled migrants, including a list of skilled occupations in demand in Australia.