Southern Academy of Business and Technology(SABT)

Overseas Student Health Cover

Overseas Student Health Cover

International students undertaking formal studies in Australia, and their dependents (for example, spouses and children under 18 years old), must obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)The Department of Home Affairs requires overseas students to maintain OSHC for the duration of time they are in Australia. For further information please visit the Department of Home Affairs website

OSHC typically includes cover for visits to the doctor, selected hospital treatments, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicines). OSHC insurers provide a range of different OSHC products, ranging from a basic product which covers only the compulsory minimum services to comprehensive products which cover, in addition to the compulsory minimum services, extra services as specified under the particular policy. Learn more about OSHC, including a list of the providers at

Southern Academy has partnered with Bupa to provide OSHC to international students. Remember to request for the receipts when you pay for the doctor consultation. Bupa will reimburse some of your expenses in the conduct of doctor’s diagnoses and treatments. The Bupa Membership Card normally takes 6 weeks to be delivered to the College. You can talk to our reception if you need any help with regards to arrangement of a Bupa card or for more detailed information on OSHC please visit the Bupa website.

There are other OSHC providers in Australia if you wish to organise your cover by yourself, these include: